Children experience God’s love for them through the people of our Christian Community who are dedicated to their spiritual growth and learning. In a loving, fun environment, children have the opportunity to learn about God, the Bible, and what it means to be part of a Christian community. Read on to learn about special events for children.
Every Sunday at 9:30 am, from September through June, we have individual classes for children age 2 through sixth grade. Our curriculum is designed to introduce children to the Bible and a loving, caring God. Each hour is filled with hands-on activities and learning. If you have questions or need directions please stop by our Welcome Center.
- 2 Year Olds – Room 168
- 3 Year Olds – Room 165
- 4 Year Olds – Room 166
- Kindergarten – Room 114
- 1st – 2nd Grade – Room 103
- 3rd Grade – Room 118
- 4th Grade – Room 127
- 5th – 6th Grade Girls – Room 265
- 5th – 6th Grade Boys – Room 263
- 7th Grade (Confirmation Class) – Room 214/216
- 8th – 12th Grade – Youth Center
At 11 am, children attend worship with their parents and stay for our Kingdom Kids message. After the message, we have a class for ages 2 – 6th grade.
- 3-year-olds – Kindergarten – Room 165
- 1st – 3rd Grade – Room 209
- 4th – 6th Grade – Room 214/216
We encourage families to worship together. During the 11 am worship service we offer Kingdom Kids, a time of specialized teaching from the Pastor. Children are invited to sit in the front of the Sanctuary for a fun sermon and prayer. We have children’s worship bulletins and special worship bags with things for children to do that will enhance their worship experience.
Nursery care for pre-school children is available every Sunday from 8:15 am to 12:15 pm. When you drop off your child, you will receive a vibrating pager in case we need to contact you while you are in the building.
Nursery care is also available for special meetings and functions.
Music is an integral part of praising God. On Sundays during the school year, we provide children with an array of music activities. Groups start as early as 3 years of age and continue to youth. For more information, visit the Music Ministry page.
A special experience for children is Messiah’s clown group. Children learn the art of Christian clowning and share that love with the church, nursing homes, and hospitals.
Summer Noah’s Ark Camp
Our annual “mini-Vacation Bible School” for 3 to 6-year-olds is two days of water activities, games, music, crafts, and fun. In 2019, the camp will be on July 1-2, 9 am – Noon. To sign-up click here.
Vacation Bible School
This is a week in late July filled with exciting and fun Bible adventures for children age 4 through rising 6th grade. Rising 7th graders and above are needed as helpers. Children spend the week together learning God’s love, meeting new friends, learning new songs, making fun crafts and playing great games. In 2019, VBS will run July 22 – 26, 9 am – noon. Our theme this year is To Mars and Beyond. To sign-up click here.
All summer, Camp Highroad, a United Methodist Camp close to Middleburg, Virginia, hosts children and youth in grades 3 – 12 for summer camp. Here’s a link to the Camp Highroad website.
- Trunk or Treat is the Saturday before Halloween. The children come in costume, have a light dinner, and trick or treat through out the decorated cars in the parking lot. Then we watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” together. This year it will be Saturday, October 26, 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Advent Workshops let you prepare your home for Jesus! Different crafts are available (e.g., advent wreaths, pillows, gingerbread houses). This year it will be Saturday, November 30, 3 – 5 pm.
- Breakfast at the Manger allows you to have breakfast with the animals! You can dress up as a shepherd or an angel and act out the Christmas story with live animals. This year it will be December 7 from 10 – 11:30 am.
- Easter Egg Hunts are great community events filled with food, activities, crafts, and games. This year it will be Saturday, April 20, 10 – 11:30 am.