Our Women’s Ministry serves all women of Messiah. There are opportunities for spiritual growth through retreats and through various programs designed to attract women of all ages. Weekend retreats are held off-site and one- and two-day events are held at the church. Bible studies are available throughout the year during the day and in the evening. Crafts, game nights, and service projects, under the heading of Girlfriends, give an outlet to the creative aspect of our women and teens.
The Women’s Ministry is a vital part of Messiah. Activities are planned with every age and situation in mind and an offering for our church missions is collected at each major event. All women are encouraged to participate and find those things that are meaningful to them.
We Seek to:
- Support women as they strive to live a Christ-centered life.
- Foster relationships between women of all ages.
- Nurture spiritual growth by supporting women wherever they are on their faith journey.
- Provide a variety of Christian fellowship activities.
- Offer education and resources on women’s activities.
- Present exciting opportunities to “Serve God by Serving Others.”
All women are encouraged to deepen their faith by attending one or more Bible studies that are offered during the course of the year.
Mothers and Others in Mission and Study gather on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am to support each other through Bible study, prayer, mission work, and fellowship. Together we strive to improve our individual relationships with God and understand our roles as daughters of God, sisters in Christ and mothers of our children. Childcare is available.
Come gather with some other Moms and Dads for support and encouragement and discuss the joys and challenges of parenting. Parenting with Christ in Mind class meets on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am during the school year. Childcare is available.
What is a G-Group? These are smaller shared-interest groups women can join at any time. These are groups that might meet weekly or monthly, created by any woman who desires to get together with other women who share a common interest. So far these include walking, scrapbooking/faithbooking, photo organization, card stamping for the military, gratitude lunch & movie, dining internationally locally, fleece, and photo organizing.
Prayers and Squares
A unique quilting group that involves both quilters and non-quilters. This group works together to sew quilts for those in our congregation who are in need of a little extra Christian warmth. They then make the quilts available to the entire congregation to finish by offering prayers for the receiver as they help tie off the threads of the quilts.
Women’s Book Club
Every first Thursday of the month at 7:30 we read and discuss a new book. The books are chosen to enhance your spiritual growth as you discuss and share thoughts. Contact Margie O’Brien for more information.
On the third Tuesday of each month, women gather at a local restaurant for fellowship. This is a great way to meet other women at the church. We meet in the parking lot around 11:25 am to carpool to that month’s destination. Look in the weekly bulletins to see where we are going. Contact Jane Philips for more information.
Plan to get away from the demands of home and concentrate on God and priorities in life with either a weekend away or an “in-house” event.
Special events provide a time to share a meal and the fellowship of other women. During Lent, we offer a Prayer Breakfast featuring a Christian speaker. The breakfast is a potluck so there is no charge, and a free will offering is taken for one of the Youth Mission trips. We have an End of the Year Dinner in June that features a Christian speaker.
We encourage everyone to be part of a small group. It’s a wonderful way to grow closer to God, others, and learn more about yourself!
- Women’s Bible Study – Tuesdays from 1 – 3 pm in the church library September through June. Contact Cheryl Robarge, 703.339.8359 for more information.
- Mary Circle – 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8:30 am in members’ homes September through June. Contact Jane Childs for more information.
- Wednesday Women’s Bible Study – Wednesdays at 9:30 am in Room 205. Contact Marilyn Kingsbury, 703-451-2725 for more information.
- Yahweh Sisterhood – Thursdays from 12:30 – 2 pm in Room 261 September through June. Contact Jane Crittenden for more information.