Messiah UMC Youth Group
- Middle School
- High School
- Youth Calendar
Messiah youth group strives to invite, include, and welcome all youth to learn to be disciples of Jesus while having fun in a safe and loving environment. We hope to foster relationships that allow youth to express themselves, their thoughts, and their faith while keeping an open mind.
UMYF: The New Normal
- When: Sundays, 6pm-7pm, 9/13-10/18
- Where: In the Parking Lot at Messiah UMC
- What: Join us for a game and discussion each Sunday evening as we explore our New Normal in the Midst of COVID. Over the past 6 months we all have asked “When will things go back to ‘normal’?” and now we are learning how to accept this New Normal. Through our time together we will explore ways to adjust to the new realities of life right now.
- Curriculum: Ministry to Youth, A New Normal Series, https://ministry-to-youth.com/
- Sign Up: Fall UMYF
May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Midweek Connect: Why Not Now?
- Who: 7th through 8th Graders
- When: Wednesdays, 7pm-8pm
- Where: The Welsh/Harvey’s Deck
- What: Join us for a discussion each Wednesday evening as we read stories about young people's lives in the Bible to see how and why they followed Jesus. By reading about Miriam, Joseph, David, Solomon, Daniel, and Mary we will see that they believed that God had a call on their lives that would impact the world.
- Curriculum: Why Not Now?: You Don’t Have to “Grow Up” to Follow Jesus, Mark Matlock
- Sign Up: Midweek Connect
Taste of Grace: Dream Big
- Who: 9th through 12th Graders
- When: Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm
- Where: In the Holcombe's Carport
- What: Join us for food and discussion each Tuesday evening to discover your dreams and make them reality. Even in the midst of COVID we all have dreams that we can still make come true. We will go on a journey that will help us to understand that God has a plan for our lives and to break through the barriers that are holding us back.
- Curriculum: Dream Big: Know What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It, Bob Goff
12 Hour Retreat
- Who: 7th through 12th Graders
- When: Saturday, October 17th, 9am-9pm
- Where: Camp Highroad
- What: Youth families are invited to join us on a short day retreat to Camp Highroad. While we are there we will go on a hike, have a time of worship, do a high ropes course, and enjoy dinner around a camp fire. That day we will meet at the church at 9am and each family will have to transport themselves to and from Camp Highroad. We will pack our own lunches and dinner will be provided, prepackaged for each person. More information will be provided when this event approaches.