Messiah UMC Youth Group
- Youth Advent 2020
- Middle School
- High School
- Youth Calendar
Messiah youth group strives to invite, include, and welcome all youth to learn to be disciples of Jesus while having fun in a safe and loving environment. We hope to foster relationships that allow youth to express themselves, their thoughts, and their faith while keeping an open mind.
Advent Week 1: Hope
- November 29: UMYF & Advent Calendars
- Join us for a game and program followed by an opportunity to make your own Advent Calendar.
- December 1: Taste of Grace
- December 2: Midweek Connect5:30pm-6:30pm
- December 5: Stocking Stuffing & Making Backpacks
- Sign Up for Week 1 of Advent Activities Here: Hope
Advent Week 2: Love
- December 6: UMYF & Christmas Movie Night
- Join us for a game and program followed by a time of fellowship watching The Elf.
- December 8: Taste of Grace
- December 9: Midweek Connect
- December 12: Food Pounding
- Sign Up for Week 2 of Advent Activities Here: Love
Advent Week 3: Joy
- December 13: UMYF & Christmas Party
- Join us for a game and program followed by a Christmas Party. We will have Hot Chocolate & Apple Cider and do a Sock Exchange.
- December 15: Taste of Grace
- December 6: Midweek Connect
- Sign Up for Week 3 of Advent Activities Here: Joy
Advent Week 4: Peace
- December 20: UMYF & Christmas Movie Night
- Join us for a game and program followed by a time of fellowship watching The Polar Express.
- December 26: Youth Family Ice Skating
- Join us for 1 hour of Ice Skating over Christmas Break. We will meet in the church parking lot at 9am and return by 12pm. Each family will have to drive separately.
- $15 per person
- Sign Up for Week 4 of Advent Activities Here: Peace
UMYF: The Comeback
- UMYF: United Methodist Youth Fellowship
- Who: 7th through 12th Graders
- When: Sundays, 6pm-7:15pm, 11/1-11/22
- Where: In the Youth Center at Messiah UMC
- What: Join us for a game and discussion each Sunday evening as we look at how this unique time in history is an opportunity to trust God with our future and make a difference in the world around us. We will ask these questions: Where do we go from here? What do I do now?
May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Midweek Connect: Why Not Now?
- Who: 7th through 8th Graders
- When: Wednesdays, 7pm-8pm
- Where: The Welsh/Harvey’s Deck
- What: Join us for a discussion each Wednesday evening as we read stories about young people's lives in the Bible to see how and why they followed Jesus. By reading about Miriam, Joseph, David, Solomon, Daniel, and Mary we will see that they believed that God had a call on their lives that would impact the world.
- Curriculum: Why Not Now?: You Don’t Have to “Grow Up” to Follow Jesus, Mark Matlock
- Sign Up: Midweek Connect
Taste of Grace: Dream Big
- Who: 9th through 12th Graders
- When: Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm
- Where: In the Holcombe's Carport
- What: Join us for food and discussion each Tuesday evening to discover your dreams and make them reality. Even in the midst of COVID we all have dreams that we can still make come true. We will go on a journey that will help us to understand that God has a plan for our lives and to break through the barriers that are holding us back.
- Curriculum: Dream Big: Know What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It, Bob Goff
12 Hour Retreat
- Who: 7th through 12th Graders
- When: Saturday, October 17th, 9am-9pm
- Where: Camp Highroad
- What: Youth families are invited to join us on a short day retreat to Camp Highroad. While we are there we will go on a hike, have a time of worship, do a high ropes course, and enjoy dinner around a camp fire. That day we will meet at the church at 9am and each family will have to transport themselves to and from Camp Highroad. We will pack our own lunches and dinner will be provided, prepackaged for each person. More information will be provided when this event approaches.