Messiah is currently hiring for the following positions.
NURSERY Supervisor and Nursery Aide
This is an hourly position providing care for infants and toddlers during the Sunday educational and worship programs of Messiah United Methodist Church. Additional hours may be negotiated for special programs and meetings as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Staff the nursery from 8:15 a.m. until 12:15p.m., including set-up and clean up.
- Greet parents and children upon arrival; comfort and actively interact with children; serve snacks provided by parents; maintain good hygiene by washing children’s hands, wiping down eating surfaces, and removing mouthed toys from play until they can be washed; diaper children as necessary, following guidelines provided by MUMC; sharing lessons about Christ and the church; and maintaining a safe and loving environment at all times.
- Must be a mature, responsible, and loving adult with experience in childcare and good English communication skills. Spanish skills a bonus.
- Must feel comfortable presenting age-appropriate lessons dealing with Christian teaching and Christian symbolism.
- Must agree to background check and attend Child Protection Training at MUMC.
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid certification must be completed within 60 days of hire.
Accountability & Evaluation
- The nursery teacher works under the supervision of the Director of Discipleship.
- A performance review will be conducted after 90 days and annually thereafter.
- Monitor nursery supplies and communicate needs to the Director of Discipleship for MUMC
- Supervise nursery assistant and volunteers as needed.
- Report hours worked by all nursery staff to MUMC finance director.
Applicants should send a resume including relevant works experience to Nursery@messiahUMC.org